Thursday 27 June 2013

Canamericans?!

Take 1?

Take 2?

Perfect!! Well I think so ;)

A blog eh?!

I really should start with a shout out to my good friend Robyn Smith...
Her blog duhparenting101.blogspot.ca inspires me everyday.  If it was not for her, I would have never started this at all.  Thanks Robyn!!

So what do I really have to write about?

Let's begin with my Brady Bunch...

In 2008,  I met the love of my life... Ranz.             
We met through a blackberry support forum (thanks PinStack).  Ranz lives just outside of Los Angeles, California and I live in Ontario, Canada... Ottawa to be more specific. We sometimes feel a world apart. With the 3 hour time difference, the endless phone calls or call fails (can you hear me now?!), battery pulls, the 100 plus cheap a$$ Bluetooths, messenger glitches, FaceTime reconnecting issues, Rogers Wireless (you seriously suck Rogers!), a ridiculous ATT phone bill... Despite all the challenges we face each day, we always manage to make it work. 

Between the two of us we have 4 great kids.  Amber (8yrs) is my bio daughter from a previous marriage, Kaia (7yrs) is my stepdaughter, Noah (5yrs) is my stepson and Jace (2yrs) is my fourth, a son Ranz and I have together... Maybe our last?!... Probably not ;)

Los Angeles... Ottawa... Los Angeles... Ottawa... Los Angeles... Ottawa... and it goes on and on.  So what is our big plan you might ask?  Amber has another 4 years to make probably the biggest decision of her life... Canada or USA?  My plan is to move to California when she turns 12yrs old.  Amber will have to decide whether she wants to make the move with me or stay here with her father.   Until then, we make the best of a difficult situation.  I love my husband with all my heart and I love all my children... they are everything to me.  In life we make sacrifices for the people we love and this is one sacrifice I can live with.  I am happier than I have ever been in my whole life.  My family is healthy and we love one another.  What more can one ask for?!

So what kind of family does that make us?  An all Canamerican family?!... the best of both worlds :)

Join me on my journey through this life... I plan to have fun all the way!!







1 comment:

  1. Awesome and woohoo I get to be the first to comment. I love the background and the font:) And thanx for the shout out. I can not wait to see what you are up to this summer in Cali!!! Love ya lots Robyn

    ReplyDelete